Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Those Kids

Having children is an interesting experience. One of the more interesting aspects is the disappearance of your items. I'm not a huge eyebrow groomer, but every once in a while an eyebrow sprouts from my forehead. On that day, your tweezers you've had since sixth grade are nowhere to be seen. You ask around. No one has seen them. Then you find them when you help clean your kid's room. They're bent beyond belief. Now this probably happened 10-15 years ago, but I still miss those dang tweezers. This week I'm missing a pizza cutter and a measuring cup. Maybe since the kids are older, they're filling up their hope chests.

Still plugging along on these shoofly blocks. These two match my tacky ironing board cover. I usually find my ironing board covers on the clearance racks, so I can't be too choosy.

Six done. They're kind of fun to make. I'm amazed I'm not bored yet. I'm thinking maybe 20 of these for a lap sized quilt. I should be sufficiently bored with them by the time I reach number 20.

On a sad note, I think my laptop is dying. Luckily I have my work Mac, but I'm used to having my laptop to do blog posts and read blogs. I'm going to troubleshoot that mess later today. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently in search of three (THREE!) pairs of scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shoo fly blocks are great. I like the variety of fabrics you've used so far. Good luck with the remaining 14 ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...