Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday Stash #59

This is what I received for our guild's ugly fabric challenge. We're making blocks for a charity quilt. It's not too awful is it? Some of the fat quarters traded were really bad. Had me laughing. Some I even loved. I'll see what I can come up with for a modern block.

This is a London Broil marinating in my family's "sludge" marinade. My mom swears the recipe is in the "book," but I can't find it. I use an onion, lots of garlic, soy sauce, vinegars, a piece of jalapeno, and pepper, processed in a food processor. Marinate for 6-24 hours.

I pour the balance of the marinade on the meal at the first part of the searing process. Then let cook on a cooler area of the grill. The marinate sticks to the grill, but you could always oil the grates. My grates have great flavor. Ha. My gas grill is about to bite the dust.

You can see how juicy it is. I like it cooked rare and sliced very thinly. The most important step is letting the meat rest covered at least 15 minutes before you slice it. Your dog will be hanging out in the kitchen by then.

Salad and twice-baked potatoes went well with the beef. I haven't had a twice-baked potato in ages.

There I am making vegetables healthy again. Blue cheese and bacon on Artisan lettuces.

At least I opted for a lighter dressing, although a fresh blue cheese dressing would have been dandy. Instead, I mixed equal parts oil and wine wine vinegar, a dash of salt and pepper, scallions, and a bit of Dijon mustard.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...