Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hoping for Rain

I'm hoping for a little rain from Hurricane Sandy. It's been so dry here. I killed most of my herbs forgetting to water. Rain makes me happy.

Yesterday, I chopped my lone Halloween decoration and roasted it along with some carrots. Then I added some chicken broth, onion, celery, and spice and let that simmer a while.

I ended up with a creamy pumpkin carrot soup. I topped it with some pumpkin seeds I scored at Whole Foods. I also bought out the cheese section there.

 Look at all the seeds that were in this little pumpkin.

I roasted them with a bit of olive oil and a few spices.

I did these pink log cabins on Sew Day.

The black and white versions were completed yesterday. I need to decide if I want to make more log cabin blocks or mix them with some solid squares to get the top big enough for a quilt.

2 comments:

  1. That soup looks yummy, but your log cabins look even yummier! I, too, like a rainy day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those black and white blocks? Are y'all getting any rain? We were supposed to today, but instead it was overcast and windy and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...