Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloweenie!

Hollywood's boyfriend carved an Angry Birds (space edition) jack-o-lantern. Now I have the urge to carve a jack-o-lantern. Too bad I'm not very good at it. I did make the barfing pumpkin one year. It was awesome. Drag the innards out the carved mouth. Simple and effective. But no pumpkin seeds for you! (Soup Nazi voice). I also used to stab an X-acto blade into those tiny pumpkins/gourds and draw blood drops and sad faces for my desk decoration at work. We got into so many shenanigans at work. It's a wonder they didn't fire us. Apparently the art department is allowed to be odd.

Speaking of Hollywood, she wants to capture the rogue lizards in our house and care for them. She was outside the other night trying to catch them live bugs to eat. I need to have that kid checked.

I hated getting these candies on Halloween. I love peanut butter as much as the next guy, but these candies were not my favorite.

It's time again for the Blogger's Quilt Festival. I usually participate, but I haven't got my act together this time around. I really enjoy seeing everyone's quilts and hearing the background stories. Grab a cup of something and go look around.

I made these Lightened Up Chicken Enchiladas last night. They were excellent. I probably made them heavier by adding a bit more cheese, but you know me.

And instead of tasteless chicken breasts, I sauteed some boneless skinless chicken thighs sprinkled with grill seasoning. I really like that Harvestland brand of chicken.

But this is what makes the dish. The sauce. I'm not a huge fan of chipolte peppers, but they are fantastic in this dish. I added a tablespoon of tomato paste because I had some in the fridge. The chipolte peppers in adobo sauce give the dish a bit of warmth and kick.


1 comment:

  1. Love the Angry Birds!! We have gotten into the Halloween spirit with lots of carving as well (mostly done by my boys and husband...I just like to watch...haha)!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...