Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dutchman Visits Tokyo To See Butterflies

The Toykyo Subway Map mini is done. I'm eager to see Elizabeth's new book, The Practical Guide to Patchwork. I've heard it's awesome. A bunch o' bloggers are reviewing it soon, so I'm hoping to learn more about it and possibly win a copy.

Have you heard about the red and white quilt exhibition the American Folk Art Museum is presenting March 25-30, 2011? More than 650 red and white quilts from three centuries will be displayed at the historic Park Avenue Armory. The event is free to the public. Red and white quilts are my favorite. Hopefully, there will be lots of photos available. When I received the beautiful post card promoting the event, I had to spend my 15 minutes (more like an hour!) making this Dutchman's Puzzle quilt block. It's only 8" square.

More 15-minute playtime. The batik scrap bag was sitting there just asking for trouble.

Oh butterfly blocks, how I love thee! I'm up to 37 blocks. Not sure how many I'll make. If I only make a few at a time (when I have black thread loaded) I don't get too bored. I need to lay the blocks out on my design floor and see how they all look together and how big this quilt might be. Having a design floor is quite handy as you have to keep the floor vacuumed. Win, win. See you tomorrow. Only five more days of Blogtoberfest. Then I promise I'll be quiet.

4 comments:

  1. love the subway map quilt - great use of color and "Very Modern"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Tokyo subway map mini is beautiful! Butterflies are very nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love minis too! With three kids things hardly ever get finished!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...