Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tonya's on TV!

Photo courtesy of The Quilt Show.
Between now and Sunday, you can watch a free video of The Quilt Show which features Tonya Ricucci, the UnRuly Quilter. (You have to register, but it's free.) Tonya shows Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims how she creates her fun, improvisational letters. This girl knows how to play with words!

As one of Tonya's biggest stalkers fans, I was thrilled when she came to give the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild a day-long workshop this year. Tonya is hilarious, warm and a great teacher. We all had a blast learning to make letters and wonky stars. She even demonstrated her beautiful hand quilting skills. It was a dream come true to meet Tonya and see her gorgeous quilts in person. I'm still her biggest fan! She was sweet enough to upgrade me from stalker status.

If you haven't tried UnRuly letters, they're kind of like potato chips. You can't make just one. Tonya's book, Word Play Quilts provides all the recipes to make upper and lower case letters and numbers. I think I'll go get UnRuly this morning. 

2 comments:

  1. you are so sweet. and you were upgraded from stalker/fan to friend! I adore you too - just wish we lived closer together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you see her in the guild please get me her autograph.

    another stalker fan from Japan

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...