Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Inappropriate Television

I don't know what it is with me, but I'm attracted to bad TV. From Rescue Me and Sons of Anarchy to Weeds and Breaking Bad, I'm drawn to these dramas. Most of these shows I've had to catch up with through Hulu or Netflix. There's just something about hunky, insubordinate firefighters, gun-running biker gangs, moms selling pot and a lung cancer patient/high school chemistry teacher cooking meth that intrigues me. It sure beats forcing myself to watch Jersey Shore to see if my mom's cousin made it into an episode. He's an art professor and ran into the gang in Italy. I have a feeling I'm never going to see Cousin Danny's television debut. I can't bear to watch another episode.

Thank you for letting me confess my love of inappropriate television. I feel better now. And of yeah, FX's new show American Horror Story is really inappropriate. I saw Dylan McDermott's butt. Goodness. I mean that in a couple of ways. ;)

3 comments:

  1. I'm SO with you on this one! I just caught on to Breaking Bad and it's fabulous, but I'm also addicted to Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, even the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. And now I have to check out American Horror Story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know any of these bad TV-series/programs but i am so with you. I have a preference for bad tv too. Don't know why but i really really like bad TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the first three seasons of Rescue Me but it just dwelled too much in misery for me. oh, if that's not bad enough, boom, another loved one dies... gah. I've decided not to watch Breaking Bad because it's too dark. I'll stick with post-apocolyptic misery - woohoo, Walking Dead season two has started.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...