Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Eating My Way Through The Weekend

Woo hoo, we're getting crabs today! And oysters! Our friends are getting the blue crabs and Inspector Gadget went across town to pick up some oysters from this famous local restaurant. It's going to be a seafood feast! I'm making Buffalo Chicken Dip too. I'm using chicken I cooked and adding in some celery too. I saw this recipe a couple of days ago, which gave me the celery idea. Hollywood is going to be crushed I made her favorite dip and took it to a party. Don't tell her.

I tried a new recipe the other night. Short ribs with wine and cream served over roasted mushrooms. I threw in some egg noodles for fun.
Before roasting.

After roasting.
The roasted mushrooms were awesome. I don't believe I've ever roasted mushrooms before. How easy. These were crimini mushrooms, but any shroom would work. I crave mushrooms almost weekly. Love those things.

I haven't had a lot of time to sew, but I did whip up some colorful nine-patch blocks. I have a plan for these.

2 comments:

  1. I've just found you through Blogtoberfest (it's my very first year!). Yummy, you just made me hungry!! Delicious.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We love oysters too. But we roast them over a fire in the yard, and we get them straight from the gulf, about 30 minutes from here. So, you know the old saying...only eat fresh oysters in months that start with R...they really mean wait till a cold frost comes through. We're dying to get some!!!
    Hope yours were tasty!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...