Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Postcard From Japan

I sent Yumi's kids some fabric postcards a while back to see if they would survive international delivery. Do you ever want to ship bricks or lead weights in one of those flat rate boxes the USPS pushes? Maybe that's just me. No wonder my mailman hates me. This week I received a beautiful postcard from Yumi's son, Shin. The appliqued leaf is gorgeous.

Look at the sweet note he wrote so neatly. On fabric, to boot. I was teasing Yumi that it doesn't look like he's going to be a doctor with that perfect handwriting. And whoa, I'd love to see my kids write in Japanese, but those losers both took German in high school. Ha! As to the zentangle reference, I sent his sister a zentangle postcard, and he must have liked it. You can be sure he'll get his very own zentangle.

I love the pretty stamps. The fabric postcard came in a clear plastic sleeve, so it was pristine when it arrived. I'm going to hang it in my studio to admire.

Loved Canton Village Quilt Works Blogger's BOM. Jackie has assembled an all-star team of designers to create the blocks of the month. The first block is by the talented Sherri of A Quilting Life. I must have had Halloween on the brain when I dug into my scrap bags. That icky white-on-white floral print has been in my stash forever. I have tons of it.

Can I interest you in one of those festive mellowcreme pumpkins? Actually, these are habaneros. I planted some lettuce too.  Just call me Mr. Green Jeans.
Now I want mellowcreme pumpkins. They're like candy corn on steroids. Check out this recipe I found for homemade ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...