Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Raise the Roof, It's Friday!

Inspector Gadget and I went through a roasted garlic stage back in the 90s. Seriously, we roasted garlic bulbs several times a week. Our poor babies. No wonder they eat such weird stuff now. I remember my outlaws coming for dinner one night and the house smelled overwhelming like...roasted garlic. There were comments. They haven't been back for dinner since. Ha! Actually they live very far away and we visit them now. Last weekend the roasted garlic made a comeback with this roasted garlic vinaigrette. Hoo boy, it's lovely. I grilled a pork roast and used the vinaigrette as a simple sauce.

If you haven't tried roasting garlic, you'll love the nutty, subtle, caramelized garlic flavor. The roasting makes it very mellow. It's great spread on a warm baguette, mixed in salad dressings, tossed with pasta, rice, cous cous, or mashed potatoes. Plus, it's good for you. Wards off those vampires, although vampires are quite hunky these days.


This little pouch was my extra item for our guild challenge. We all made blocks from the Jay McCarroll Habitat collection that Free Spirit Fabrics sent the Modern Quilt Guilds. We plan on assembling the blocks and making a charity quilt. It should be pretty neat.

 Here's a picture of the colorway we received. The prints were interesting to say the least. Right up my alley.


 Here are the blocks I made. Raise the roof, that challenge is done.

3 comments:

  1. The zipper placement and the addition of a selvage on the pouch is very cool. Love your blocks! That will be a pretty amazing quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still smiling about your hunky vampires--I may think about Halloween and scary night differently now! :) Pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele, I absolutely love your zipper pouch!!! Very clever use of the fabrics. Your blocks rock too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...