Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Sew Day!

Saturday was another fun Sew Day for the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild. We meet monthly at a local public library that has a room you can reserve for free. The room is huge and we have plenty of room to spread out.

We sewed with the "The Wonderful Lizard of Oz."  He's on display in the room and watched over us every minute. He's way cuter than the dried-up lizards I find in my house.




Everyone made progress on their projects and the conversation is always lively. Such a fun group of talented quilters. I learn something each time I meet up with these gals. There is much laughter.

Did I mention there's food? Everyone brings something to share. There's always hummus, which we all love. We eat (and sew) all day long. I may have done more eating than sewing. Nothing new, right? Library patrons gawk at us like we're monkeys at the zoo. Some come inside the meeting room and talk with us. They mostly want to learn how to quilt. I told one kid that was looking in that we were auditioning for next season's "Project Runway."



I made Mediterranean Potato Salad to Sew Day. I've been drooling over the teeny tiny potatoes they have in all colors, so I started with those. My measurements are approximate in the recipe. You can leave out the olives or capers if you don't like them.

Mediterranean Potato Salad

1-2 lbs. potatoes
green beans
3-4 scallions, slices
1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
1/4 cup green olives, chopped
Italian parsley, chopped
1 Tablespoon capers, chopped
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper

Boil potatoes in salted water. During the last five minutes, add in your green beans. Drain potatoes and beans and allow to cool slightly while you chop everything. Add scallions, olives, capers, parsley and feta to cooled potatoes and beans.

For the dressing, whisk vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano and salt and pepper until combined. Pour over potato mixture and combine.

5 comments:

  1. ooh, you guys are having so much fun! jealous. I'm gonna have to try that potato salad- yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now why did I have to read this when I was already getting hungry for lunch! That potato salad sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this recipe. It was absolutely wonderful! I'm glad I was there to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you shared the recipe for the potato salad, because it is wonderful! I can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Felt like I was there! Going to try that potato salad recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...