Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Let's Eat!

Or in other words, "what I've been doing." Here's the Funky Bird turkey breast grill picture. It looks burnt, which is probably why I didn't post it earlier. It's hard to grill in the dark. I'll be happy when the days get a little longer. The brine made this bird super flavorful. The meat was moist and and there was enough leftover to make soup.

The picture doesn't do the soup justice, but it was great. I think I put every thing but the kitchen sink into it: rendered salt pork, onions, garlic, celery, carrot, chicken stock, fire-roasted tomatoes, cannenelli beans, kale, turkey and barley.

I was playing around with some applique yesterday. Inspiration from Scandinavian Stitches. What a fun book. I want to make every project in there!

I've been craving oysters. The local newspaper had an oyster feature in the Food section this week and posted a recipe for smoked oyster dip. It's okay. Kind of like tuna salad on steroids. I may have to go get some real oysters tonight. This dip isn't cutting it. Bon appetit!

2 comments:

  1. yum. you either better stop posting about such yummy food or else start making deliveries! will only take you a few hours to get here. mmmmmm, dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tonya~! *grin* Lovely blog you have. I will have to sit down and click around some more tomorrow with some coffee.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...