Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Stash #22


Yeah, I'm not supposed to be buying fabric. These fat quarters were in the sale bin at the quilt shop where our guild meeting is held. It's almost impossible to get out of the shop without buying a little something. It's only polite since they graciously let us use their meeting room!

Here's an iron-on label for my Funky Bird free motion quilting swap quilt. I colored it with acrylic paints. That's some crazy quilting on the back side. This baby is ready to send.
I made the center Dutchman's Puzzle block a while ago, just for fun. Then yesterday I tried some grid method of creating half square triangles (HSTs). It took two tries, but I got the technique down. The grid method makes a gob of HSTs, so I added a sawtooth border. I may add a white border then bind it in red.

This little quilt is for the doll quilt swap I host on the Quilting Board. We have a red and white theme for March to celebrate the American Folk Art Museum's "Infinite Variety" show in New York City, March 25-30, 2011. I'm hoping to see lots of photos of the show from fellow bloggers and it will also be fun to see what my doll quilt swappers come up with.

3 comments:

  1. Nice block! This red and white show is getting me excited to do another red and white quilt. Nice to see your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice block! This red and white show is getting me excited to do another red and white quilt. Nice to see your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your label!! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...