Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Those Bloggers Made Me Do It

After spending most of my sewing time un-sewing some awful quilting, I relaxed with a couple of fun projects. Beth got me thinking about these teeny stars. I've always loved Gwen Marston's liberated stars, but for some reason, I had a hard time getting the concept. Beth inspired me to get back on the horse. Some of the star points above illustrate my confusion. Leave it to me to make something rather simple more complicated.

The talented Joanna was working on a gorgeous quilt that featured a colorful bird in a tree. She has a fun tree tutorial so we can all get in on the action. I had a hunk o' linen laying about so I gave it a shot. For the polka dot leaves, I tried a new-to-me freezer paper applique technique that was pretty successful. I may have to try more applique which usually I shy away from.

I made a little needle book for a gal who sent me a great bag of selvages. Look at the flowers and leaves on the Moda fabrics. I think the fabric manufacturers are learning that some of us quilters like collecting and working with selvages.

Happy Monday everyone! I'm flax flaked up and ready to roll. I guess I'll go try to find that blueberry that rolled under my fridge. Probably going to involve some sort of cleaning. Crud. :(

3 comments:

  1. yay, cute little stars. they don't look confused, they look liberated! doesn't matter how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always blaming others ;-))) Great stars and I'm in love with your adorable tree and leaves.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...