Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Luck Continues...


I received an adorable mini quilt for a swap. Rochelle from Three Turns to Home did a wonderful job on this personalized mini. Even the back is cute! And she made four little coasters to match, but I think I'll steal her idea and attach them to the front of the quilt instead. I couldn't bear to put a sweaty glass on them!

Julie from Todera gave a great demo at our Orlando Modern Quilt Guild meeting. We all made these lovely orchid brooches. Julie provided kits for everyone and walked us through the nitty gritty. It was such a blast and it's always nice to finish something!

I'm beginning to find out it really is a small world around the central Florida quilting community. And to think for three years my only quilting buddies were online. Today, I attended the Castle Quilters guild meeting. Margaret of Easy Peazy Quilts is a member of the guild and I met her through Julie. See, small world!

Anyhow, I thought today's gathering was a sew day, but it turned out they were celebrating their eleventh birthday! The guild is quite large and the talent is tremendous. They showed progress on their round row robins and had many beautiful items for show and tell. I didn't get any sewing done, but I did receive a lovely fat quarter and a petit four pin cushion as well as a lovely potluck lunch.

1 comment:

  1. That Lancaster Quilt is SO adorable!! How lucky are you!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...