Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Soup for Breakfast


Found a fun tutorial for grocery bags. The Fat Sack by Terry Atkinson of Atkinson Designs. Lookie, I even used the serge stitch on my machine. A first! I've had this vintage heavier weight cotton fabric for ages. There wasn't enough for the handles, so I had to shop my stash.

Terry's Cheese and Crackers quilt was one of the first quilts I ever made. It's still a flimsy four years later. I really need to gather a bunch of tops and take them to be quilted. Yawn.


I made the Barefoot Contessa's roasted tomato basil soup last night. Parmesan goldfish work way better than oyster crackers! Shaved romano cheese won't hurt either. The soup is pretty good. Very basil-y. I halved the recipe since I'll probably be the only one eating it. I think it will make the perfect breakfast fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...