Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ready for the New Year?


Elf on a Shelf was a fun distraction this year. I know I'll have fond memories of him when I break him out next Christmas. I blew up Facebook with his antics around the house. I even took him Christmas shopping with me but was too embarrassed to shoot silly photos in public. Next year...


I made some salted caramel sauce for gifts, and a crudite platter for a family gathering. I keep forgetting to take pictures of food, but I found these on my camera. We've had prime rib, ham, pasta puttanesca, au gratin potatoes, mashed potatoes, potato salad, fancy green salads, loads of hors d'oeuvres, and too many sweets to mention. I may need to dust off my gym membership.

I'm contemplating this scrap buster quilt along hosted by Just a Bit Frayed. Bust Yo! Scraps starts January 12, so remind me, okay? I am scrap rich, so it should be a lot of fun.



I had a little fun with half square triangles today. These blocks are for our guild's monthly block lotto. Our inspiration was the analogous color scheme of blue, blue-green, green and the block design was up to us. The second block I made is more free form. I needed to play after all those HSTs!


Mr. Bones can't resist a basket of warm laundry straight from the dryer. I fold around him until he's left with just basket. Today I felt sorry for him so I fetched his blankie and made him a makeshift crib. He's still in there.

2 comments:

  1. Great blocks!!! Is that first one from Modern Blocks? That's on my list. I said I wouldn't do anymore quilt a longs, but may need to check out that scrap busting one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your veggie tray looks delish! I always crave fresh veggies this time of year when the really good ones are harder to find. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...