Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Survivor Island

I like to play a little game around here I call "Survivor Island." The kids hate this game. Inspector Gadget stockpiles margarine and Vienna sausages at his weekly exodus to Wally World when I play the game. Survivor Island involves eating what is in your fridge, freezer, pantry, and snack pantry (yes, we have a snack pantry). It's a blast to see how creative you become as the days go by. You just have to tune out the audible sighs and whines of "there's nothing to eat" when family members start looking for grub. It's quite fun. We ran out of "blue" milk (skim), so I had to have whole milk in my coffee this morning. Delicious.

I never win this game, but I've been known to be a contender. Now what can I make with half an avocado, blueberries, pineapple, anchovies and Chex Mix cereal? It's like one of my favorite shows, Chopped.


I did have the ingredients for this rosemary bread. We were totally out of bread if you don't count pita and English muffins. See what I mean, that stuff is bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...