Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday Stash...I Lost Count

I caved. I need fabric like I need a hole in the head, but I couldn't resist these two prints. Right up my twisted alley.
This retro cocktail print is so bright and funny. It's called Kitschy Cocktails by Michael Miller.  I don't recognize most of the drink recipes but many involve gin. Ick. I don't think I like gin. I have no idea what I'll do with this fabric, but I'm enjoying looking at it! I've always been a sucker for kitschy advertising illustrations and photographs and have used a lot in my design career.

This is the fabric I really wanted! I kept seeing small bits of it in blogland and was curious to see more of it. It's called Home Sewing is Easy and is part of The Alexander Henry Fabrics Collection from 2008. I can't believe I haven't seen it before. My local quilt shop doesn't carry this sort of stuff, which is probably a good thing!
Here's more of it. Home Sewing is Easy...and helps keep the home fires burning. Keep that in mind, okay?
This is my favorite panel. My husband never says I "look tops!" And there will probably never be extra money in the budget thanks to my new sewing machine know-how! Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. oh they are awesome......I love the first one especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, with your love of making mini quilts, you might want to become involved in the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. 9" x 12" max, these little quilts are donated then auctioned or sold to raise research funds for Alzheimer's - GREAT grassroots program with awesome quilts and quilters from all over. I am sending in my 68th and 69th quilts today (all but these 2 are sold and have raised over $3,000 for research). Great feeling and making each of them was a work of heart. Check out www.alzquilts.org ...

    Love that "tops" panel - never gets said at my house, either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost bought that cocktail fabric too. Apron? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...