Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Why Hello Weekend

I used our leftover St. Patrick's Day corned beef to make this Reuben Quiche. The crust is toasted rye bread mixed with a bit of butter and shredded Swiss cheese. I thought it was better than pie crust, and I'm a pie crust lover. Even my quiche haters (everyone but me!) thought it was pretty good.

Procrastinating ripping off and re-sewing my Easy Street quilt borders, so I whipped up this cute little oven mitt. It was super easy and went together quickly. My machine struggled a bit on the thick layers, but I made it through.

I was procrastinating on this quilt top too. Shoofly blocks are kind of ho hum after making two or three. Most of the fabrics I used are Sandi Henderson's Farmer's Market. I threw some others in there for variety. I found a fun backing fabric and have enough of a striped print that I may use as binding. This baby is on it's way to Utah to get quilted.

Happy weekend. I hope to get some stuff done. Next week is Easter. I need to get ready for the Easter Bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...