Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Book Party

I swear promise to myself that I won't buy any more quilting or cook books, and then I promptly purchase more. I'm hopeless really. I've been cataloging my books by scanning bar codes with BooksApp, so I guess I'm a little geeky too. But more importantly, I'm tossing books I no longer want. My rule is four books out for any new book in. Yeah, I'm crazy. Unfortunately, this process makes me want to buy all the books on my Amazon wish list. Help?

My latest acquisition included Quilting Line and Color: Techniques and Designs for Abstract Quiltsby Yoshiko Jinzenji. I caught her lecture at QuiltCon and kept running into her in at the hotel and convention center. What a talented and gracious woman. She cooks too!

I also scored Pretty in Patchwork: Holidays: 30+ Seasonal Patchwork Projects to Piece, Stitch, and Loveif just for the clever paper piecing patterns by Sonja of Artisania. This book is really fun and filled with tons of adorable projects.

Inspector Gadget got lucky over the weekend when I made him Herbed Buttermilk Biscuits with Sausage Gravy. I didn't bother getting a photo of the gloppy sausage gravy, but he loved it. I've never been a fan of sausage gravy, but it's one of his favorite breakfast foods. He rides his bike 20 miles a day, so I guess he deserves a little treat every now and then. The biscuits were really good and the recipe isn't as caloric as some of the others I've seen. I used 2% milk in the gravy and skipped the cream.

Another one of the Inspector's favorites...Waldorf Salad. You'd think I was buttering him up for something, huh? Actually, I was making salmon with a mixed greens salad and he hates both. He'll eat salmon, but he will ask if we have any lettuce when I serve anything different than romaine hearts or iceberg. Funny guy. I made him Waldorf salad, so he wouldn't go to bed hungry. Ha. Don't tell him I replaced some of the low-fat mayo with Greek yogurt. I also threw in cashews, pomegranate Craisins and red peppers along with the normal green apple and celery.

Lizard in the house. Again. I don't know why they come inside, they just dry up and die. This guy is big. He'll scare the crap out of me all week because they usually pop out of hiding when you least expect it. There will be screaming or a gasp involved. Maybe I can get someone brave to pick him up and toss him outside. Or trap him in Tupperware and transport him outdoors. Not that I've done that or anything.

Maybe I'll just show him this picture. Someone thinks it's funny to leave these dehydrated lizards for me to find. No more sausage gravy for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...