Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Caffeine and Chicken

A wonky shoofly via Sarah and Molly's Free Piecing Study. There are some fabulous links to tutorials for these fun blocks. A great way to get your creative juices flowing at 4 am before the caffeine pulses through your veins. Okay, that might just be me. I like starting the day with a little sewing project.


This collapsible shopping bag was a fun little project too. Or how about this Upcycled T-shirt Bag by Chichidee Handmade? It has those same braided handles I made for the headband. I may have to raid everyone's shirt collections.

Yesterday, I played with a charm pack to make disappearing four patch blocks. The table runner is supposed to match the Talavera pottery in my kitchen. Meh.

Maybe my enthusiasm waned when I sewed the last border on wrong. Twice. Quit laughing. At least it was the short side. I really hate unsewing. Maybe I should switch to espresso.

Our Fourth of July weekend was picture perfect. Lots of eating, friends, sun and fun. I decided to barbecue chicken for one meal. I marinated the leg quarters in orange juice, lemon and lime juices, soy sauce, garlic, jalapeno and red onion. Then sear both sides on a hot grill and then continue cooking on indirect heat. Easy. Inspector Gadget wouldn't let me clean the grill this past weekend. He said it's only held together by chicken fat.
Hands, down, this is best barbecue book ever. Techniques, tips, recipes and inspiration galore. I always refer to it and like give it as a gift to fellow grillers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...