Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Happy Fall

There's a bounty of basil in my poolside garden. I mean loads of it. This is all from the half dead grocery store plant Inspector Gadget rescued from the trash. Apparently I didn't kill it all the way like I normally do. After a year or so, the bottom part of the plant is woody, so I'm not sure how much longer it will flourish. I really love having fresh herbs at my fingertips. Now if I could just learn to grow Italian parsley. I use a bunch of that every week.

I whipped up some pistachio pesto. Pistachios, loads of basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and olive oil. It's killer. It made a ton of it, so I froze half. I'm going to try to make pizza dough today and make a pesto and cheese pizza on the grill for dinner.

Hollywood nannies a little three-year-old in between college and her part time job. She brought him over for the afternoon yesterday. We swam, watched TV, played race car crash, colored, color coded crayons, put raspberries on our fingertips, read books, played video games, napped (just him), and cooked and ate dinner. I forgot how busy toddlers are. Exhausting!

I kept looking around and finding stuff laying around that could harm him. My super sharp scissors, rotary cutter, swimming pool, stove top with boiling pots, expensive electronics, grumpy dachshund*, slippery wet tile, etc. I forgot how to child proof a house. He's a great little boy and didn't get in to anything. There was one bump into the sliding glass door incident, but he survived. I would have hated to send him home broken.

*Hey, you talking about me? That kid looked tasty. Grrrrr.


I've linked up to Skip To My Lou's "Made by you Mondays."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...