Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Garden Riches

Remember the garden at the end of June? Especially the basil plant rescued from the trash.

The jalapeno pepper plant hasn't grown much, but the habanero and basil are thriving. There are numerous peppers on both plants. It's been great having fresh basil right outside versus killing a grocery store plant on the way home. I think I may be ready for a tomato plant. Cough. cough. The tomatoes have been wonderful this summer. I could eat them for every meal. Luckily they're cheap and plentiful everywhere. We've eaten platter after platter of salad caprese.
Lunch is served. A different take on salad caprese. Flat out bread with mozzarella, tomatoes, capers and fresh basil. Drizzled with extra virgin oil, salt and pepper. Delicious.

I'm coming off a Food Network marathon and I have so many recipes I want to try. A trip to the grocery store may be in order. Maybe I should watch the Yoga Network.


Kheema: Indian Ground Beef with Peas
Chicken Fried Steak with Gravy
Chicken Enchiladas
Garlic Lime Spinach
Roasted Tomato Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...