Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dog Days of Randomness

Not a whole lot of sewing going on around here. I haven't been baking pies either, but I did stitch a slice. Those are some big blueberries. I can't seem to find the paper pieced pattern at the moment, but if you want it, I'll search further for the link. And speaking of pies, go here to see the cutest pie pincushion you could ever make.

Class of 81 flimsy finished. Thank goodness for photo layouts since I had to pull the 81 blocks off my design floor so I could walk. And maybe vacuum. Did I tell you my prized vacuum went to appliance heaven? That silly thing sucked up Legos and Barbie shoes by the gallons back in the day. The motor sounded like it was going to lift off. Luckily, I had a spare vacuum, but it needed work. So I bought some parts and I'm back in business. Oh goodie.

Bones has been working on his tan.

A bookmark I made for a swap. Check out my hand embroidered hedgehog. Or toy poodle. You decide.

Pretzels and wine anyone? This is what happens when Inspector Gadget goes to Wally World. I guess you could call it hurricane preparedness. That man is always thinking.

In my 'hood, neighbor kid's car. I know. She's just fine thank goodness. The car, not so much. Having teenagers, I hear all kinds of awful car wreck stories. It's no wonder that insurance is so expensive for them. And it's no wonder why I want to put every kid I know in bubble wrap. My kids didn't take driver's education in high school (neither did I). Do they even offer it now?

Our kids did receive plenty of practice and often repeated advice before they were let loose on their own. As an added bonus, Inspector Gadget made them go through Smith Driving System Training. Those five keys above are good tips for anyone who drives. Stay safe everyone, but I'm still going to worry...Now if I could get every driver to stop using their phones on the road, I would be a happier camper.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! I love it all! your pie slice is tooooooooooo cute for words! the bookmark! The flimsy is fantabulous!!!!! and the car, well we aren't even going to think about that!!! ugh. I worry worry worry too, even the youngest is driving now and I worry when she is coming home from work at 10:00 pm, after all I think the WI state animal IS the white tail deer........

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...