Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

All Dolled Up


Look at this beauty I received from my July Doll Quilt Swap partner! Love the colors and the quilting is so fun. My partner did the quilting on a circa 1950s Husqvarna Viking machine.

Here's the doll quilt I'm working on for August. I sorta drafted a sewing machine. I wish the spool of thread would have been a bit more contrasty, but maybe the quilting will help. I've begun the quilting process, but that step always stumps me. Wish I could quilt like the gal above.


The weekend was such fun. Pool day on Sunday and lots of barbecuing and cooking all weekend long. I didn't fit in enough laundry, but I'll get to it. I made this tomato sauce last week and flavored it with a bit of lamb. Gigantic meatballs baked in my filthy oven was dinner the first night. The leftovers made awesome calzones another night and I smushed the last bit of sauce and meatballs for spaghetti bolognese for a quickie dinner. I think I've conquered my red sauce fix for the time being.

I've tried this chicken roasting recipe several times and it's always delicious. I could drink the sauce and I'm usually a Southern gravy girl. The leftover chicken is great for sandwiches, soups, quesadillas, and salad. Then I use the carcass to make stock. The lemon addition is wonderful in the stock.

Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

  1. I don't eat meat, but your food pictures always make me hungry for whatever you are cooking, and that almost always includes healthy portions of meat. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo lovely lovely little quilts!!!! and all your cooking looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Tunisia! Just happened upon your blog while surfing the net and trying to beat the heat. Your quilts are lovely and your fabric collection is marvelous, so much fun. Happy quilting!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...