Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Butterfly Flimsy Finished



Butterflies were flitting all over blogland this summer. I thought they made such fun use of scraps, that I started making blocks in my spare time. I ran out of black Kona, so these blocks were destined to be a small quilt.

I finished sewing the blocks together at our Sew Day Saturday. I really love how it turned out. I think it would make a perfect baby quilt with all those bright colors and the black. Spit up stains will blend right in! Now to get it quilted and gifted. To get the tutorial for these fun blocks, visit here.


I remembered to take a full shot of this 1930s repro nine patch. I still need to make the label. Love the crinkly look after laundering.



Some close-ups of the 1930s repro fabrics. I love them all, but the novelty prints are my favorite. Check out the grumpy dogs wearing sweaters. The Scotty dogs are cute too. And the dressed up kittens with their mittens. Cute, cute, cute!

Speaking of grumpy dogs in sweaters, here's Bones who refuses to look at the camera. I think he looks quite dapper in his corduroy. Wonder what he would put in those pockets?


This is more like it. Footloose and fancy free and using the threshold as a pillow. Note the wagging tail. What a goof.







I've been hunting for a copy of Gwen Marston's Liberated Quiltmaking for a long time. After falling in love with Liberated Quiltmaking II, I wanted to see what the first edition was all about. The ideas and projects are as inspiring as ever. I especially love the section on houses and fractured fabric. It's refreshing how "modern" Gwen's quilts are even though this book was published 15 years ago.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your Butterfly Quilt top - I spotted it in your header - looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...