Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sayonara Monday

Tomato, spinach, ham, red onion, blue cheese quiche. I think that's everything I put in it! That's the great thing about quiche, you can put what you want in it. Buy those refrigerated pie crusts and it's really simple and quick. The custard is 4 beaten eggs mixed with 1-1/4 cups milk. I put a little buttermilk in too. Add the ingredients you like to the egg mixure, and pour into a pie shell. Bake at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Warning: men do not like quiche. They whine. They love eggs, pie crust, ham, bacon, cheese, etc., but I'm afraid society has turned quiche girly.

Hollywood and I did some retail therapy over the weekend. I've always loved stationery and office supplies. I was the geeky kid who preferred playing office or school over Barbies. My friend and I once had a library set up complete with old school checkout cards and a coveted date stamp. Choosing a new calendar makes me completely giddy, so I'm still smitten with paper products.

Hollywood needed a 3-hole punch, so we went to Staples to use my $10 off $20 coupon. Hollywood inherited my love of stationery, so we had no trouble racking up $20. I wonder if kids born now will even know the joy of fresh paper and fancy pens? The electronic age is going to ruin them.

Our guild's February BOM was designer's choice in Pantone's color of the year and neutrals. Pantone's color of the year is emerald green. This block is called Follow the Leader and is from the book Modern Blocks. I've made quite a few of the blocks from this book. There are some fun ones.





And while practicing making four flying geese at a time, I got the colors backward, so I made a bonus block. Yep, it was Monday yesterday. Happy Tuesday!


4 comments:

  1. We love "fridge bottom quiche" other half loves it if I cook it in an oblong tin and he gets a big square, not a "girlie" triangle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your guild blocks. I also preferred playing office to playing with dolls. Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets giddy over paper and office supplies ;-) Love those Sharpie pens. They're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quiche looks fantastic. But maybe if you called it "hubcap pie" it would be more appealing to a man. : ) My husband insists he doesn't like Indian food but when I make some version of it, he always eats it and says it's good. I guess it's all in the name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were so clever...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...