Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Laundry List

My stack of books is growing. I don't want to put these away because I haven't had a chance to read them or I'm contemplating a recipe or project. Or I'm messy. I need to host a dinner party so I'll be forced to clean my studio. Actually, my friends wouldn't bat an eye.

I saw this Tur-Duc-Hen in the freezer section of the grocery store yesterday. Believe me, I was a little intrigued. It comes in a huge box and the $60 price tag kept it out of my cart. I've always wondered about stuffing a chicken inside a duck and then inside a turkey. Now I'm craving duck, which I've only cooked a handful of times.

I saw this pretty mosaic quilt and was inspired. I didn't have any Misty Fuse, so I ironed Wonder Under on a piece of batting then pulled the paper off.

 Using red and blue fabric scraps, I made a mosaic trying to cover all the batting.

Here it is all covered and ironed down. I tried to free motion the heart, but that didn't work out. Too many loose edges. I think if I try this again, I'll fuse the fabric itself so it all sticks down when ironed.

But it did make a little quilt for AAQI. I have a couple more minis to quilt for this organization. I love making these little quickie quilts. It's fun to actually finish something.

My dad has this old spinning wheel at his house. My grandmother bought it at an auction many years ago. He tried to pawn it off on me, but I didn't want it. I thought it was interesting though. I'd love to see it in action. I'm off to conquer Mount Dirty Laundry again. Happy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...