Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Chilly and Chili

It turned chilly this weekend. Low 60s. Brrr! Just in time for my friend's annual Chili Cook-off. Inspector Gadget made our entry. He used habaneros from our garden. I felt like I should have put a warning on the stuff.  The picture is leftovers of it on yellow rice. I had to tone it down!

There were 18 different kinds of chili to sample. I thought they were all very good. It was hard to pick a favorite. The winner's chili had Dr. Pepper in it, but I couldn't taste it. There were some white chili's, vegetarian, one with peanut butter and plenty with lots of heat. The party is always fun. Last year's winner bought containers of Wendy's chili and put it in an old-fashioned crock. Wendy's does have good chili!

Photo from AAQI. Shamelessly stolen from Facebook.
Here's the infamous Carol Doak, who taught me how to paper piece. Well okay, her books did. She's standing at the AAQI booth at the International Quilt Festival. Look over her right shoulder. That's my hedgehog and mushroom quilt. I paper pieced the hedgie. And it sold too!

Someone made me selvage potholders! I needed new potholders badly. They're almost too cute to use, but I'm going to be careful with them.

And here's the doll quilt my swap partner made me. Those triangles are 1-1/4" on each side. Wow! She titled the quilt "The 80's Revisited" and used scraps from that era. It's an amazing quilt!

I've always loved the Skip to my Lou blog. She has the cutest content. On Mondays, she hosts Made by You Mondays which features links to all kinds of crafty and cooking goodness. It's how I waste Monday. Now somebody turn off the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...