Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Swapdillylicious


I made a table runner for the For The Love of Solids swap. The runner measures 12" x 58". Interesting to quilt to say the least. I pulled up my big girl panties and did the best I could. Actually, the hardest part was trimming everything square. I ended up with an "elbow" in the center of my first trim. After quilting, I squared rectangled it up again with much better success.
I made a pouch and pincushion to send too. It's been a blast seeing everyone's creations with solid fabrics. I love the online quilting and crafting community. Very inspiring.



My partner Reene of Nellie's Niceties made me a gorgeous sewing machine cover and pincushion. Red, my machine is going to be thoroughly spoiled wearing this piece of art. I may never sew again and just leave this cover on to admire it. The back side has beautiful hand embroidery. I'm so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...