Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

I Spy Some Fun

This Triangular Thread Catcher was fun and easy. Sushi, anyone?

It was such a quick and easy project, I made another. These might be handy when sewing in the family room. I usually drape the cut threads on the dog, which he loves.

I've been collecting I Spy fabric charms for a while now. I've always been a sucker for novelty prints. There are a lot of swaps out there to trade charms and you can even buy pre-cut I Spy charms on eBay. One day I'm going to make an I Spy quilt. Or 17 of them.
I also collect food-themed prints. In a fit of boredom I separated all the food prints from the other charms. Maybe a food I Spy would be fun?


But today I saw this I Spy Book tutorial and knew I'd have to give it a try. It's never too early to start teaching babies about money!

5 comments:

  1. Your Charms are so charming. I like the 30's charms of which I have quite a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michele, I had tried to make one of these earlier today but in my haste I misread it and made three triangles and then couldn't figure out how to put them together so ended up making a fourth triangle for the bottom so now I have an extra large thread catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the I Spy idea! We're huge fans of anything of that sort around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for posting these tutorials. Both look like so much fun ~ can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there :) Wonderful site. I was wondering where you get your fabrics from.... in particular the animal and food bold print fabrics? Please would you let me know via email rosa26harris@hotmail.co.uk x Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...