Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Easing into the Week


Happy Monday. Fun and busy weekend here. Relaxing, too. A little bit of everything. I registered 14 quilts for AAQI. Yumi made nine and I made five. This little paper pieced apple was my latest contribution. Our guild is making AAQI quilts for our September challenge, so I get to make another. They're really fun to make. It's nice to finish a quilt for once. Or five of them!

And here's the guild BOM for September. It's a wonky donut. Fun and easy. But is it just me, or do your scraps seem to multiply in the dark? I can never put a dent in them.

Another ATC (Artist Trading Card) before I trimmed it down. Painting is so relaxing. Have you ever seen this Twenty Minute Challenge blog? I love seeing everyone's quickie creations.Very inspiring.

I did a little farming over the weekend. From left to right, rosemary, thyme, spicy oregano. I didn't take a picture of my bounty of basil, but let's just say I have basil coming out of my ears. The grocery store basil plant Inspector Gadget rescued from the trash last summer is flourishing despite the heat. We have plenty of peppers too.

I made cashew pesto with the mounds of basil. I'm not usually a huge fan of pesto, but this batch was pretty good. College Boy loved it. You should see how much pasta that kid can put away.

Sorry to see the Olympics come to an end, but maybe I'll be able to get some stuff done. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for doing so many quilts for AAQI! The apple is darling.

    I like your "donut" too. Yes, it seems no matter how many scraps I use, I always have more and more. They must multiply when I'm not in the room.

    We have a ton of basil too. I have no idea what we're going to do with it, as only DH seems to eat it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...