Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Being Random Again

I'm not usually a fan of pizza. As a kid, my parents drug me to a local pizza joint several times a month. They ordered the number 22 which was sausage, pepperoni and mushrooms. Ironically, this combination is also Inspector Gadget's favorite. I like sausage, pepperoni, and mushrooms, but the combo just seemed too heavy or greasy on a pizza. I ate sauteed mushrooms or spaghetti instead of the pizza at Johnny's Pizza Parlor. Recently, I found a new pizza place called Stone Fired Pizza. A little mom and pop start up right in my community. The pizza is really good. The crust, tomato sauce and cheese application are perfect. I get it topped with spinach, tomatoes and bacon. It's yum.

They bring Bones free treats too. There are several different shapes, but I'm not sure if there are different flavors. I didn't try any. I guess I'm not a fan of dog cookies either. I did eat a Tender Vittle once on a dare. Cannot recommend.

What? The pizza is here? Ha, don't be fooled! This crippled old dog flies off the couch in a frenzy when someone comes to the door.

I played with batiks yesterday. I could rearrange half square triangles all day long.

My latest mini quilt for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative or AAQI. Ami Simms, the founder has placed a shout out for more quilts. They plan on taking 2,000 quilts to the International Quilt Festival in Houston this year. Their August online auction is going on until the 10th of August. There are some really pretty quilts up for auction this month. Yumi and I are getting our piles of little quilts ready to send. Our guild is making donation quilts too.

I've really been enjoying the Olympics this summer. It's like one big exciting World Peace Party with talented athletes and encouraging fans. My mom sent me the picture on the left. It's Michael Phelps as a child. The kid on the right is College Boy circa kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...