Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

National Chocolate Chip Day

My obsession with soup continues. I've been wanting to try this Weight Watchers Spinach and Artichoke soup. I absolutely love spinach and artichoke dip, so I thought this soup would be a lower calorie option. Less cheese, no tortilla chips. I modified it slightly and it turned out really good. It tastes exactly like the dip. Now I'll be able to fit in that bikini. I crack myself up.

Spinach and Artichoke Soup 

1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 10 oz. box frozen chopped spinach
1 9 oz. box frozen artichoke hearts
32 oz. of low sodium chicken broth
salt and pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until vegetables are soft. Defrost spinach and artichoke hearts slightly in microwave and add to onions and garlic. Add chicken broth, season with salt and pepper and let simmer 20 minutes to an hour. Add Parmesan cheese and yogurt and continue to cook 15-20 minutes over low heat. Leave chunky or blend with an immersion blender to desired consistency.

My neighborhood map quilt is finished. I just need to add a label. I really enjoyed Valerie Goodwin's workshop. The best part about having a hobby like quilting is that there is so much to try. My to-do list is a mile long and growing.
This guy (or gal) has been hanging out in my yard all day. They usually travel in pairs, so it's odd to see one rolling solo. Maybe his partner didn't get the text message about meeting up in my yard.

I zoomed to get this shot, but when I went back out later the silly thing tried to come right up to me. Yep, that was me you heard whooping and hollering. He almost followed me into the garage. Maybe the neighbors are feeding them. Bones like to chase them out of the yard.

Hollywood has always called me Mama. Still melts my heart 18 years later. I hope all you moms (and mom types) had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Aren't those espadrilles adorable on my newest cousin? I have a feeling this girl will be quite the fashionista. Her mama is having a wonderful time playing dress up.

4 comments:

  1. ooh, that soup looks yummy but I wonder how it would work with fresh spinach. mmmm. whoop whoop

    ReplyDelete
  2. how does that soup relate to National Chocolate Chip day? ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love your finished map.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that first picture and I thought it was Tomatillo Salsa and I got all excited. Now I want Tomatillo Salsa.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...