Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Fun Day

Searched high and low for this issue of Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks. There was one block in particular I wanted to try.

So I scanned the pattern after cutting the large pieces to fit my scanner. Oops, there's also pattern on the back side. Duh moment followed by a taping session. I'll probably never use the other side, but you never know.

Lil' Matryoshka by Sonja at Artisania. Sonja creates the cutest paper piecing patterns. There's even some free ones on her site. Paper piecing keeps me on my toes. This one was no exception.

I love quiche. Inspector Gadget will tolerate it if there's nothing else to eat. The kids wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. My basic recipe for the egg custard is four eggs and 1-1/2 cups half and half or milk. From there add in anything. This one had pancetta, tomato, green onion and cheddar cheese. I use refrigerated pie crusts most of the time, so it's a quick and easy meal. Bake at 325 degrees until puffy (45 minutes to an hour).



7 comments:

  1. oh, what a sweet quilt block! and i really want some of that quiche. nom nom nom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got all the stuff to make your red potato salad from the other day and now I want quiche.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Russian doll block is terrific! How long did it take to make?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable. I love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing that you already made a block! I haven't even read through my magazine yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love quiche too, and I was making it for dinner at least once a week until the husband said, "um, we've been having a lot of quiche lately..." with THAT tone of voice. It's a shame, since my kids love quiche.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right behind the magazine is a piece of fabric with what looks like flamingo legs ... WHERE did you find that??? Please share!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...