Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

500 Posts



I gave this easy crusty bread recipe a try. Three ingredients, people. Flour, salt, and yeast. Water too, but I don't count that as an ingredient. I used 1 cup of rye flour and 2 cups of bread flour just because I had some rye flour I needed to use. I totally flaked out and forgot the caraway seeds. Getting the loaf into a pre-heated 450 degree dutch oven is a little tricky, but I didn't burn myself. Progress for me, but be careful if you try it. I'm usually sporting a burn or three from cooking. Luckily, I'm not as klutzy with knives. I hate knife wounds. They freak me out. Paper cuts freak me out too. I don't like cuts. I'll never be a candidate for plastic surgery even if I could afford a face lift.

Yummy batch of hummus made on Hummus Day, which was May 15. I flavored it with sun-dried tomatoes and green olives. Then I burnt the pita chips. We had to go all healthy and dip vegetables in it. Bummer.

I also made a simple potato salad to share at Sew Day. I used boiled tiny new potatoes sliced in half, scallions, diced red pepper, Italian parsley, buttermilk blue cheese (any blue would work, but I'm addicted to this buttermilk blue) and a vinaigrette made with lemon juice, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Easy. I was afraid the blue cheese would overpower everything, so I added in the crumbles after the other ingredients had sat in the fridge overnight. Try to get the vinaigrette over your taters while they're still warm, so they soak up the flavors.

So today marks my 500th post. Wow. Thanks to any and all of you that read my ramblings. If I can swing it, I'll hitch up a giveaway with Sew Mama Sew's Giveway Day which starts Monday. I have lots of stuff to share or if you'd prefer a handmade item, I'll get to sewing something just for you. Leave a comment here or there for a chance. Catch you on the flip side.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 500!!
    And these dishes look great....and the bread looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 500 posts wow you really need to get a job! ha ha I haven't even made it to five. I enjoy yours though so keep it up. They all make me really jealous of your creativeness or really hungry. Either way I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe you're 500 already! How did I leave Sew Day without trying your potato salad?! Love blue cheese. Great seeing you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hommus looks yummo! And I had to laugh at the pita chips getting burned. Sounds exactly like what happens around here! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...