Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Foodie Friday

The kiddos were working one night, so I made meatloaf. They hate meatloaf. I love it. Well, I especially love the cold meatloaf sandwiches on toast the next day. I add oats to my meatloaf, so it's heart healthy. Ha.

Last night, I threw together some cheese tortellini and a sauce made from tomatoes, spinach, onion, and garlic. To replace the heavy cream I used Greek yogurt, and half and half. There's Parmesan cheese too. The dish was inspired by this one, but I added onion and garlic and tried to cut calories with the yogurt and half and half. The sauce can be made in the time it takes to boil water and cook the pasta. I'll definitely make it again. Delicious and quick.

Today, I smeared a turkey with an onion, garlic, Worcestershire, and mustard marinade. I'm off to the grocery store to find some Malta, which you're supposed to baste with as the bird cooks. I don't believe I've ever had Malta, which is a malt beverage. The recipe is Ingrid Hoffmann's mama's recipe.

I'm also dying to try this spinach and artichoke soup. That might be up tomorrow along with leftover turkey sandwiches. Do you put cranberry sauce on your turkey sandwiches? We call them "Uncle Eddie" sandwiches because Uncle Eddie turned us on to them.

I spend entirely too much time pinning recipes (and other stuff) on Pinterest, but I'm looking forward to a weekend of cooking and eating my new found foods. Might even throw caution to the wind and do a load of laundry or seven. Do I know how to party or what?

1 comment:

  1. I am with you all the way, sewing, cooking, eating in any order then try to fit in a few chores. I feel I just have to become a follower

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...