Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Look At My Garden Grow

Whew, I'm exhausted! I've been working out in the heat in my garden. Ha ha! Actually, it's my husband's garden. I'm not even allowed to look at these plants. I am a major plant killer. I don't like to look at gardening blogs for fear I'll kill something.

See that little basil plant in the lower right hand corner? Hubby rescued that from the trash. I buy grocery store plants for cooking and they die rather quickly. They start looking sickly as soon as I put them in my grocery cart. The other two plants are peppers, jalapeno and habanero. We've already harvested one jalapeno. I'm going to buy Inspector Gadget a tomato plant for our anniversary.

There's not a whole lot of sewing going on this week as I've been busy. This little pouch was fun to make. Zipper practice, baby! The lovely Beth at Love, Laugh, Quilt has a great tute. The pouch matches the tote I made a while back. Now if I could find a farmer's market nearby. Wait, I have a garden now.

I've always loved string blocks. This technique was fun to try. Have you tried making half square triangles by sewing all four sides and chopping on the diagonals? Works like a charm.

My single bowl of watercress salad from last night. I can't get anyone in this family to eat it. My mom made this salad all the time when the watercress was good. So simple, too. Watercress, good tomatoes, red onion and vinaigrette. Delicious!

This is where my husband thinks I get watercress. Down by the pond or out by the big lake. Now wouldn't that be handy? Anyone hungry for duck? I can hook you up.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I just wrote about killing plants today, too. Glad I'm not the only plant killer around here.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...