Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

Dusted off the ice cream maker and made some coffee ice cream for the kiddos. Bad Grammy used to feed my babies coffee ice cream when she babysat them on date nights. I think she "dosed" them right before we picked them up! I kid about the dosing, but my kids have always loved coffee ice cream. Kind of odd for kids. I used Starbucks coffee beans. Intense. I'm not a fan of ice cream, but I tried a spoonful and it was pretty good. I want to make a Coke Zero Slurpee for me next.

I received two pretty doll quilts from my swap partners. It's so fun to see what everyone creates for these swaps. If you want to see more, I have a gallery here.

Not a lot of quilting going on, but I did find these batik strips when I was organizing. I'm sewing them together for a little coin quilt. Lots of wild color and fun prints in my beloved batiks. I'm itching to take a sip of the Butterfly Block Kool-aid, but I haven't found the time yet. Once again, distracted by blogs. But all the cool kids are doing these blocks. Maybe I'll find some time this weekend.

Uh oh, look who hooked up her scanner! Beware friends and family! I am 12+ years behind in putting photos in albums. Bad, bad me. I think it might be easier to scan them all now. But then what about the 20 photo albums I have? Ok, never mind. I'll never find time to scan all those photos. I couldn't resist this one though. My little kidlets circa 1996 I think. We were in a photo studio and my daughter was posing as the waif for some ads I was doing to beg money for a charity. I'll have to find the photos for those ads. I made her look pitiful! Aw, the tricks of advertising. It might be fun to set up this shot present day. I'll never get them to hold hands, but I'll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...