Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

The Elves Have Been Busy

A double batch of Chex Holiday Party Mix. I used fresh garlic for a change. And lots of Tabasco. Hollywood was my sous chef all day. She prefers to bake sweets, but I had other ideas. We'll get to the sweets tomorrow. We did make a batch of fudge. I was pretty proud it turned out. I've wasted many pounds of sugar making fudge and other candies over the years.

These spiced nuts are served at the Gramercy Tavern in New York. I used peanut and pecans because I had those on hand. The nuts are sweet, salty, and spicy. Delicious. They would be great with a festive cocktail.

I packed the Chex mix into bags for sharing. Remember when they called this stuff Nuts & Bolts? I love all the variations of the recipe. It's different every time I make it, and so much better than the bagged stuff.

Sunday's roast chicken. Inspector Gadget said this one was only the second biggest in the meat department. He tries to snag the biggest chicken every week. It sure was good. Good thing, because we'll be eating leftovers for a day or two.

Wishing everyone in blogland a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...