Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday Stash #79

On the left Essex Yarn Dyed in Flax and on the right a fat quarter bundle of  Moxie by Erin McMorris for Free Spirit. I loved the speech balloons.



All of these big chunks of fabric were in a scrap bag. There were some really fun ones in there. I think scraps will always be my favorite. I especially enjoy buying them online and being surprised when they get here. It's hard to believe I went a month without buying fabric. Well, almost a month. That kind of gives you an idea of how crazy pants it's been around these parts.

While I'm more of a dog person, I have loved seeing all these colorful cat blocks on the Oh, Fransson! blog. I'm going to admit it right here that the Kool-aid is tempting me. I'm so easy. But how cute and scrappy are those kitties?

I ate shrimp several times last week. The dish on the left is my favorite and from our local watering and eating hole, Fish on Fire. They take the most flavorful large pink shrimp and stuff a piece of jalapeno and cheddar cheese inside. Then they wrap the whole shebang in bacon and grill it. Dip them in melted butter, I dare you.
The seared Ahi tuna salad on the right is the Inspector's favorite.

Their smoked fish dip is pretty tasty too. And it comes with a few veggies, so it's practically good for you! I can also highly recommend the bacon, blue cheese burger too. Oh boy, I need to take a bike ride.

Here's a shrimp dish I whipped up for dinner. Charleston Shrimp and Grits. It's one of the Inspector's favorites. College Boy digs it too, but he's been busy with finals, work, and girlfriend. Hopefully in that order! This quick dish couldn't be easier. Get the best shrimp you can find and feel free to substitute some turkey sausage for the andouille. I couldn't find andouille at my grocery store. What? I probably didn't look hard enough. I also substitute a 14 oz. can of fire roasted tomatoes for the four cups of crushed tomatoes. And I cooked the grits in water not milk. I'm healthy like that. Ha! I dumped in some shredded cheddar after the grits cooked. Had ya going huh?

Our guild's January BOM is this adorable Butterfly Block by Four Wise Monkeys. We're using a pink, orange, and yellow color palette. I did some saving my sanity Sunday sewing and these were just what the doctor ordered! I feel so much better. I might even fire up the vacuum. Hope your week was wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. A month without a fabric purchase?? We'll have to reconsider your membership. Still, those butterflies may save you :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...