Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Stash #78


  

Our guild meeting at the fabric shop and the retreat shopping trip resulted in a few fun goodies. The last two photos were spoils from an adorable scrap bag I had to have. The funny bunnies caught my eye, but I love all the transportation prints too. All of the scrap pieces were very large, so I'll be able to have lots of fun with them.


This cute baby quilt was hanging in the guest house I shared with my roommate. Hi Marge! The retreat location was wonderful and we had a lot of fun. There were quilts everywhere, but I forgot to get photos of all of them.
I loved this double wedding ring quilt. It had some fun fabrics.

We set up our machines in the schoolhouse and got busy with our projects. Everyone was very productive and it was fun seeing what everyone worked on.

Yanick gifted us each a cute sewist block and I made a little quilt to remember the weekend. The fabric surrounding the block was made using water soluble oil pastels and Inktense pencils. Kathryn showed us how to use them. Beth worked with the gold Kaufman fabric and gave me the selvage.

Alejandrina worked on a T-shirt quilt featuring the band Who. Marge whipped up a gorgeous table runner using the Porcelain Blue fabric. Cara and her sister worked on a cute Sesame Street quilt with a blue gingham backing and fun watermelon blocks. Joy loves purple, so there's a swatch of purple. I had everyone sign the back. I can't wait for the next retreat. My bags can be packed in 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Retreats with our quilting buddies are the best! Sounds like you had a fun time. Love your little quiltlet! What a good idea - I need to remember that!
    Love that DWR - interesting use of her fabrics. I think we can learn so much from antique/vintage quilts.
    You got some super fabrics! My fave is the bunnies, but the transportation ones are pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...