Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mylanta

 
I found some heirloom cherry tomatoes from the Farmer's Market. I've been popping them like candy for days. They're really good. I also found pretty okra, green herbs, zucchini, cukes, and bigger tomatoes. I bought one green one to fry, but it's quickly turning red.

I made The Pioneer Woman's Gazpacho with some of the fresh veggies I found. I halved her recipe and it still made a ton. The first time I served it, I grilled shrimp and bread and used avocado, sour cream and veggies for garnish. Yum! The perfect chilled soup for summer. I made 16-bean soup in case the gazpacho didn't fly. The tomato/bean hater ate grilled shrimp, salad, and bread. It's like a regular cafe here. I've been eating the gazpacho for breakfast.

Then I would make myself a Greek omelet for lunch. I had a tuna sandwich for dinner. Not really. The omelet was so good I made a second one the next day. I left it a little underdone as the recipe indicated. It was so creamy versus a rubbery omelet. Delicious. The fresh spinach, oregano, garlic, and feta made it really flavorful. Twice.

I've been busy, so not much sewing is getting accomplished, but I found a cute fabric berry basket pattern from Noodlehead. I decided to make mine a cherry basket. The cherries have been really good this summer haven't they? I think it was the first time I've ever had Rainier cherries. They were awesome.

And there you go. A quickie fabric berry basket. It doesn't have any cherries in it, but I've got it holding all my camera chargers and USB cables.

I did put some fresh blueberries into these Glazed Blueberry Doughnut Muffins. I was pretty impressed with my glaze. The last time I made glaze it was pitiful and see-through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...