Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Camel Day

Sorted some solids the other day. It was that or laundry. I used the brighter solids below. I had these solids out to make paper pieced blocks, but I've fallen behind on that project. Now that they're organized I can stash them somewhere and promptly forget about them.
Our guild's BOM. A wonky star in brights and black. Easy and fun.

We missed the Florida lobster season (again!), so I bought some Maine lobsters. Not as tasty as spiny lobster but much easier to get. Did you know that lobsters were fed to prisoners in the Colonial Era? I guess they were so plentiful they washed up on shore in piles of up to two feet when the tide came in. I have a local seafood market where I can get Maine lobster for $5 a piece. I made lobster stock from the heads and shells. I plan to get more lobsters and make lobster risotto.

I found a little frame for this postcard Yumi and her son sent me.


My piles of fabric have been pulled for our guild's workshops. We are hosting the talented Jacquie Gering of Tallgrass Prairie Studio for two of her workshops. I'm very excited to spend two straight days sewing. I haven't had much time for sewing and I'm about to pop.

I did make a toddler apron for Hollywood's little charge. He's starting pre-K and it was on the supply list. I thought I had a canvas toddler apron here, but I didn't find it until today. At least I got to sew a little. He was quite thrilled with it and immediately wanted to cook dinner.

<iframe width="500" height="281" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kWBhP0EQ1lA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with Jackie. Maybe next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so loving solid fabrics lately. Your collection is sweet! Enjoy your Jacquie classes. She is coming to Albuquerque next month and I'm taking her slice and insert class...can't wait! I hope you post whatever you make :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...