Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Super Saturday

Our quilt guild traded lonely orphan blocks to make quilts for displaced pets. All of the blocks were lovely, but this one made with batiks caught my eye. Plus, I knew I had plenty of batik scraps to make this block grow.

One finished pet quilt. I used strips to make a wonky log cabin. It measures about 25" square. We decided a quilt with no binding might work better since it may need to be washed frequently. I used the pillowcase binding method and it worked like a charm. I stuck with quilting in the ditch to keep the layers together.

Oh Bones, you already have a quilt. I had to dump him off, silly dog. A quick wash and dry and this little quilt will be on its way to comfort a pet.

I've made one of these gathered round baskets before. I use it as a thread catcher. This morning I made one to match Red, my sewing machine.

Look who popped out to say hi. I'm proud to report I didn't scream. Have a great Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I had one that was about 4' slither across my back patio this morning. I didn't scream either!! But my daughter kinda squealed when she saw him (all snakes are men!) slither across the front walkway this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...