Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

A Monday in May

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I found a little distraction over the weekend and made a quick tote bag. The instructions can be found here.

Ellison Lane Quilts kicked off the Summer Sampler Sew Along today. The blocks will feature the tasty treats of summer. The first block was a Popsicle. I made a banana one, because those were my favorite as a kid.

Our ice cream man was named Smitty and he looked a lot like Santa Claus. He had a neat old truck, wore red suspenders, and smoked cigars. If you forgot your money, Smitty would front you a cool treat for the walk home from school. We always remembered to pay him back the next day.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. My family was good to me as usual. And I was able to see my mama before she flitted off to the Virgin Islands. My favorite gift was this Rachael Ray Garbage Bowl.I usually use a plastic grocery bag beside my cutting board, so I'm styling now.


My usual Sunday family dinner of roasted chicken. I put sun dried tomato and herbed goat cheese under and on the skin before baking. Get the how to right here. I served the chicken with mashed potatoes, pan sauce, lentils, corn on the cob, salad, and cornbread.

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...