Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Finishes

I finished quilting and binding this olive tree paper pieced mini quilt. Our guild had the talented Carolyn Friedlander give us a workshop on this pattern. It was a lot of fun to see everyone's fabric choices.

Whee! This shoofly quilt is done too! I bought the quilting for this one.

The backing and striped binding.

Remember that turkey stock I was making? After I strain the solids, I like to let it set in the fridge overnight. The next day there's a layer of fat that you need to remove before you use it.
Halfway there...we're not looking for schmaltz, we want to get rid of it. I scrape it off with a large serving spoon.
Add some fresh veggies and noodles to your broth and you have a tasty soup. And yay, the turkey is gone. It made great sandwiches and I used the rest of the carved meat in the soup. Turkey is an economical dish that can be stretched so many ways.

I made some flatbread to go along with the soup. I couldn't find semolina flour at my normal grocery store, so I made do with a trio of bread flour, all purpose flour, and whole wheat flour.
I dug out a bunch of fun toppings. Flax seed, fried red onion, fried garlic, poppy seeds, and black sesame seeds.
They were a bit crunchy, so I won't let them bake as long next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...