Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday

I've had awful insomnia this week. Even caught The Tonight Show and saw a Buffalo Chicken Balls recipe that sounded interesting. I tried to find the original link, but I can't. Anyway, I substituted lean ground turkey for the chicken and served them with a creamy blue cheese dip. The original inspiration was from The Meatball Shop. They're kind of a different take on Buffalo wings.

Buffalo Turkey Balls
1 lb. ground turkey (or chicken)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's)
1 egg
1 rib of celery, minced
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt

Mix all ingredients and shape into small balls. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with vegetable oil and place meatballs. Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

I served the leftovers today in warmed onion pita bread with melted blue cheese crumbles, lettuce, tomato and the leftover dip. Awesome.

My mom was in town for a dental appointment this week and brought me this beautiful bouquet of fresh herbs. Rosemary, sage, and parsley. She grows it. I made everyone chicken piccata for lunch as Hollywood requested. She's been working and schooling so much that she doesn't get to eat with us much. Poor kid. She really enjoys a good meal and chicken piccata is her favorite.

I managed to get those triangles together into a small quilt top. Stretchy, stretchy. It measures approximately 40" x 42". I found a matching backing in my stash, but had to add a strip of yellow to make it big enough. I believe I am over my triangle fascination. For now.

But these little cake stand blocks peaked my interest this morning. I dug into scraps and went small (4" finished).

I singled one out and made a mini quilt destined for AAQI. Ignore my missing points. I was un-sewing quite a bit. All in all, a great start to a fun weekend. I'm off to barbecue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...