Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Another Doll Quilt



This one is going on a long trip! It is for the Doll Quilt Swap I host on the Quilting Board. And sshh...it's a secret. I don't think anyone on the board sees my blog, so I should be okay. September's quilt was a huge challenge. I started with a cute honey bun of Moda's Urban Chiks fabric and tried a technique that wasn't working. Then I decided nine patches would be cute, but there wasn't enough contrast. I finally settled on a log cabin. Way to use the entire honey bun! And of course I used the cutest fabrics first! Oh well! I think it turned out cute and as usual I freaked out when it came time to quilt. How do you quilt log cabins? I practiced some free motion, but that wasn't going well. I think the cross hatching was just the trick and easy enough for me to pull off. Stick a fork in her, she's done!

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you. Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...